S.C.R.A.M!
(OR THE INSPIRATION BEHIND 
THE BLACK HEART?)
The Comme des Garçons black heart
image/hypebeast.com 

LOOKS LIKE
A year ago when I first saw the Comme des Garçons black heart on a D.I.Y. shirt at a flea market, my oblivious self was convinced that it was an ingenious tribute to the Vermicious Knids. I excitedly shared this insight with my other half, who thought I was insane. Seriously, how do you describe a Vermicious Knid to someone who has no knowledge of it without sounding completely batty?

Today the staring heart made an appearance again which reminded me of the Knids. And I realize that not many people know of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?? IT'S ONE OF THE GREATEST BOOKS EVER!!! READ IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T!!(save for Jing, whom I am thoroughly convinced now that she is the Voice Inside My Head, Displaced.)




The Vermicious Knids in
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
image/thehungryreader.com

1 notes:

Doggedly Jo | March 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I just posted a blog on tumblr about how that heart with eyes looks like the vermicious knids from Great Glass Elevator and then I google-image-searched for a reference photo and found your post and now I am really happy.